We had another great Halloween season. Pumpkins, costumes, trick-or-treating, trunk-or-treating, decorating, etc.
Carving the pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. Surprisingly Gavin did not find the gooey pumpkin seeds entertaining. He only wanted to pick up sticks on the back patio and throw them into the air. Sean was appropriately wearing his Gator shirt since they played the big rival game against Georgia that day. Happily but barely, they won in overtime.



This little man was confined inside the house while the rest of the boys carved the pumpkins. He did not mind though.

All dressed up at our church's Trunk-or-Treating carnival. Since Sean was a Gator this year, we thought it was appropriate that Gavin was an alligator too. Chomp, chomp! As for Logan, we decided on a baby shark. We knew we were featuring an underwater trunk for treating so we thought a shark lurking in the back would be fun.


Here is the finished trunk! Complete with a fisherman in waders, three fishing poles for kids to catch some candy, 'Beware of Shark' sign, and the shark costume placed above the sign since the babe was being held by grandpa. I hid in the 'water' while the kids threw the poles into the trunk and attached some candy for them to collect. We had fastened some blue streamers on the ceiling so I could sit in the back without the kids seeing me. While Sean, Logan, and I managed our trunk, grandpa took the gator around to the other trunks. Earlier in the week, Gavin and I decorated fish and colored the underwater scene. It was a great family activity we all enjoyed.




And finally, we made it to Halloween night. Getting ready for trick-or-treating...

Beware of shark! He may bite (or just gum you since he has no teeth yet).


All night when asked Gavin would say a gator goes 'chomp, chomp' like we had practiced all week. But at one house he decided to mix things up. The mother asked, 'What does a gator say?' to which Gavin replied, 'Goooooo Gators!' After we all laughed at his adorableness, the mother gave him more candy. Priceless.

How Logan spent much of Halloween night.


Thanks Gainesville for a great Halloween!
1 comment:
So cute! Oh my gosh I can't believe that you did that whole underwater scene. What a fabulous idea?!?!? You are so crafty. I don't know how you found the time for something that awesome! Nice work! I wish you were around me more so that your craftiness might brush off on me a little. Miss you and your little ones!
Post a Comment