My mother wanted to make where the boys sleep fun and inviting. I say 'where the boys sleep' since she has completely spoiled them with a whole separate toy room. And actually Logan is still in the crib in my room so really it is just Gavin's bedroom right now. Anyway in the bedroom, she has painted just about every surface and is still not done. However this work in process looks super cute already. I cannot wait to see the finished product. Being a true boy, Gavin loved seeing trucks, planes, and trains on his bedroom wall. Oh, that kid has it so good.



While I am tooting my mother's horn, I have to take a moment and toot my own horn. My mother needed help assembling the dresser that would go in the boy's closet. I do not kid when I say the dresser came in 1,996 pieces. Every possible piece that could be separated was indeed separated. I was given a hammer, a screw driver, and a power drill. I had an infant and a toddler running around me while my mother tried to watch them. And there were no men around to help. Here's me tooting my horn: toot, toot! Not to mention the dresser disassembled weighed 115 pounds between two boxes. As I was assembling, it dawned on me that I should have put Anna and Cara to work during the slumber party with this dresser. I know they would have been more than happy to help seeing as Cara is a general contractor anyway. I just did not think about it. Oh well, the dresser is handsome and in completely working order.

2 comments:
I LOVE the room. Where on earth did you get the darling wall decor? VERY impressed with your assembling skills...I think I would have given up the first look at the box and directions. I'm not an assembler WHATSOEVER!!!
Hey! I bought the same truck bedding for Delson for when we give him his big boy bed! I just couldn't pass up the trucks! All boys love trucks! So cute!
Post a Comment